- Arrival in Irkutsk, meeting with the guide
- Transfer to city center
- Beginning of the city tour round Irkutsk
You will have a chance to get acquainted with history, culture and traditions of the oldest and most beautiful cites of Eastern Siberia – Irkutsk!
The tour starts in the historical center of Irkutsk, where Irkutsk was founded in 1661: Historical center → Square of Three Churches (Church of Our Savior, Epiphany Cathedral, Polish Roman Catholic Church) → War Memorial and Eternal Flame → Bridge of Love and Embankment of the Angara River → Triumphal Arch → Sign of the Cross Convent
- Visit to Museum of Regional History in Irkutsk – excellent opportunity to find out numerous interesting facts about exploration of Siberia and to see ancient artifacts dating back to the Stone and Bronze Age
- 13:00 – 14:00 p.m. Lunch in one of local restaurants
- Continue city tour.
In the second part of our city tour guests will walk along the main street of the city – Karl Marx with elegant merchant houses of the XVIIIth and and XIXth centuries, visit Central Market, Monument to Alexander the III (the most beloved Russian Tsar among Siberians) and have an evening walk the wooden district with lovely wooden houses and numerous souvenir shops
- 18:00 – 19:00 p.m. Dinner in one of local restaurants
- Round 19:30 p.m. Arrival in one of hotels in Irkutsk and check-in
- Night in Irkutsk
- Breakfast in hotel’s restaurant
- 09:30 a.m. Meeting with the guide at the reception and departure to Lake Baikal to Listvyanka Village
- 10:30 – 12:00 p.m. En route – stop and excursion in the open-air museum of wooden architecture “Taltsy”
There are only 3 museums of this type in Russia: 2 of them are situated in the European part of the country and show life of Russians only, while “Taltsy” Museum is unique and one-of-its-kind!
Here guests can learn a lot about life not only of Russians, but also of numerous local nationalities, such as Buryats, Tofolars and Evenks. Spectacular views and fresh Baikal air will only add more charm to your trip and will raise your spirits!
- Round 12:30 p.m. Arrival in Listvyanka and Photo-top at Shaman Stone at the very boarder between the Angara River and Lake Baikal. Here our guide will tell you a very touchy local fairy-tale about Mighty Old Man Baikal and his Beautiful and free-willed Daughter Angara
- 13:00 – 14:00 p.m. Lunch in one of local restaurants. Today you’ll have a chance to try traditional dishes of Baikal cuisine: real Siberian Borsh and hot-smoked Baikal fish with herbs and spices
- 14:15 – 15:15 p.m. After lunch we will visit Museum of Baikal, where guide will tell you a lot about Lake Baikal, its unique Flora and Fauna and where you’ll see charming Baikal seals, called Nerpa
- 15:30 – 16:30 p.m. Trip by a cable cart to Observation Platform Chersky Cliff, where from the height of about 700m you can enjoy a breath-taking view onto Lake Baikal and the surroundings
- 16:30 – 18:00 p.m. Visit to the Church of St. Nikola’s Church – protector of travelers and children and free time at local fish & souvenirs market, where you can get some small and lovely hand-made presents to remember your trip to Lake Baikal
- 18:00 p.m. Departure back to Irkutsk
- Round 19:30 p.m. Return to Irkutsk
- Farewell Dinner in one of local restaurants and Traditional Russian Folklore Concerts
- Round 21:00 p.m. Return to hotel in Irkutsk and night in Irkutsk
- Breakfast in hotel’s restaurant or breakfast boxes
- Meeting with the guide at the reception of the hotel and check-out
- Transfer to the airport / train station in Irkutsk and Departure